|Spoiler Alert: This wiki article contains details about future plot lines described in the manga. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled! |
Neko Fujinomiya (藤ノ宮 寧子, Fujinomiya Neko) is one of the main female characters introduced who falls for Masamune Makabe.
Neko is a beautiful girl with thigh-length light-brown hair that has a single long hair strand tied on the right side, light-brown eyes and a beauty mark under her left eye.
At first glance, Neko appears to be a very kind and caring girl, especially towards Masamune Makabe. She is seen to be kind with everyone around her, but is sometimes willing to pull pranks. She is very gentle, well-mannered, and is in love with Masamune. She also has a medical complication, for which she takes many pills and medications.
Neko is mostly known as the 'panty-less' girl, by Aki Adagaki due to the times when Neko hadn't worn any underwear to school. She explains that a bit of stress keeps a person healthy, which means it's likely attributed to her medical condition.
Neko is introduced after Masamune Makabe saves Aki Adagaki from being run over by a car where she comes out of the car and thanks God for her meeting Masamune. She claims to have met him elsewhere before, but Masamune doesn't recognize Neko at all.
- The name Neko means "ning" (寧) (ne) and "child" (子) (ko).
- Neko's surname Fujinomiya means "wisteria" (藤) (fuji) and "temple, shrine, palace" (宮) (miya).
- Neko was overweight at the time when she met Masamune for the first time. As such, he does not recognize her when they meet during high school, similar to Masamune's situation with Aki.
- She is also the first kiss of Masamune.
- Neko's favorite snack is ketchup, and she's used it before as to disguise her real bleeding as fake blood to not cause concern to Masamune.
- Neko usually does not wear underwear to school because she enjoys, or needs, the sense of danger it causes.
- Suzuko Mimori (Neko's voice actress) is currently married to Kazuchika Okada , the current IWGP champion.